So, like many people, I've been a fan of Steve Huff's website for some time now (www.stevehuffphoto.com), and his reviews have really helped me with choosing my 2 lense set up for my Leica M9. If you don't know already, Leica is a premium brand amongst camera manufacturers. A premium that can be too much for some people (me), so thankfully alternatives such as Zeiss and Voigtlander allow us normal folk to partake in the rangefinder experience.
After eventually getting my hands on an ex-demo M9, the next hurdle was what lens? I spent a few weeks camped out on ebay looking for an affordable option. Eventually, I won a Zeiss 35mm Biogon, after losing out on a couple previously. I have no idea why this particular auction went my way, but I'm glad I did, because when it turned up in the post, it was an immaculate copy. Not 'sellers' immaculate, but buyers immaculate. I could honestly have walked out of a shop having paid for it as a new copy.
Anyhow, here is what I am referring to
So, I was happy. How did it perform though? Having no previous experience of Zeiss lenses, I anticipated slightly warmer colours and minimal distortion. These are a couple of samples from my first day with it:
So yeah, pretty much as expected. Still early days, but I'm very happy so far :-)



No comments:
Post a Comment